The Danish Gambling Authority sends Digital Post 

The Danish Gambling Authority sends licences etc. to companies that have a CVR-number through Digital Post. This means that companies with a CVR-number will receive mail in their digital mailbox on 

We encourage companies with a CVR-number to send sensitive personal or confidential information to us through Digital Post.

See “Contact" if you want to read more about the Danish Gambling Authority’s use of Digital Post and its advantages.  

About betting
Betting is a game where the participants guess about the result of an event e.g. Oddset and football manager games. It is not only betting on sport events which is covered by the term. A wager on the name of a new member of the royal family is also considered betting.

Betting is only covered by the Gambling Act if the participants

  • pay a stake (money or similar) and
  • through the payment have a chance of winning a prize (all kinds of prizes)

Betting with stakes and prizes may only be organised with a licence issued by the Danish Gambling Authority.

How do I get a licence
You can apply for a licence from the Danish Gambling Authority. A licence to provide betting is valid for up to 5 years. You must use application form No. 2-01, Annex A (No. 2-02), Annex B (No. 2-03) and, if necessary, Annex C (No. 2-04). The forms are only available in Danish and you may find the forms under Links. There is, however, a translation of the guidelines to the forms available under Downloads.

The application fee is DKK 250,000 (DKK 273,500 in 2018) and must be paid upon submission of your application. If you are applying for a combined licence to provide both betting and online casino you must pay a total application fee of DKK 350,000 (DKK 382,900 in 2018).

The fee for submitting an application for a restricted revenue licence, with a fixed term of 1 year and a gross gaming revenue (the amount wagered minus the winnings returned to players) of DKK 1 million, is DKK 50,000 (DKK 54,700 in 2018).

For more information see the guidelines which you may find under Downloads or Links or contact the Danish Gambling Authority. 

Danske Spil A/S is the only licenced gambling provider which legally may organise betting on:

  • results on lotteries
  • other randomly generated events except for land-based betting on the outcome of electronically simulated sporting events.

If you are manager of a shop selling betting from Danske Lotteri Spil A/S or others who have a licence to provide land based betting, you must be approved as a manager. You can find the application form No. 8-01 under Downloads.

Organisers of local pool betting on dog races etc. can get a licence to organise betting on the race track where the race is held. You must use application form No. 4-01 to apply for a licence. The form is only available in Danish. You may find the form under Downloads.

For more information please contact the Danish Gambling Authority. The application for a licence must also be submitted to the Danish Gambling Authority.

When I have obtained a licence
If you have a licence to provide betting (except local pool betting) you must pay a fee depending on the gross gaming revenue for the calendar year. You find a list of fees under Links. The fee must be paid to the Danish Gambling Authority. 

If there are changes to the licence, e.g. new members of the management or board, a new representative or one of the responsible professionals, the Danish Gambling Authority must be notified. You must use form No. 2-07 (only available in Danish). You may find the form under Downloads.

The Danish Gambling Authority publishes a list of licence holders to provide betting and online casino.

Furthermore a list of licence holders with a licence to provide local pool betting in Denmark is published. 

You may find the lists under Links.

Registration and payment of gambling duty
Gambling providers must register with the Danish Business Authority by using the registration form No. 29.063 (only available in Danish). You must pay a duty according to the gross gaming revenue to the Danish Tax Agency. If you have any questions to the registration or payment of gambling duty please contact the Danish Tax Agency (Skattestyrelsen) at telephone No. +45 72 22 18 18.

Information about digital signature
Gambling providers who want to obtain an online casino or betting licence from January 1 2012 or later must integrate a digital signature according to OCES or higher standard in order to prepare their gaming system.

Today there is only one supplier of digital signature in Denmark who complies with the requirements in OCES. That is NemID which is provided by Nets Danid.

Information about the company can be found here.

Information about NemID can be found here.

Support here.

The Danish Gambling Authority refers to:
Nets Danid A/S
Lautrupbjerg 10
2750 Ballerup