The Danish Gambling Authority is an independent government agency residing under the Danish Ministry of Taxation.
The Danish Gambling Authority is responsible for securing a proper and regulated gambling market in Denmark so that players are protected against unfair and illegal gambling.
The Danish Gambling Authority consists of four units:
- Policy, Finance, and Analysis
- Lottery and Monopoly
- Remote Gambling
- Slot Machines and Responsible Gambling.
(Click on chart for larger image)
The Danish Gambling Authority works across a range of different fields, including:
• Administration and granting of licences to the Danske Lotteri Spil, the Danish Class Lottery (Klasselotteriet A/S), betting, online casinos, gaming machines, landbased casinos, public poker tournaments and charitable lotteries
• Supervision of the gambling providers and the Danish gambling market
• Gathering of knowledge about international gambling development. Find information see Authority cooperation and International cooperation.
The legislation administered by the Danish Gambling Authority is described in a number of acts and executive orders. Some of them have been translated into English and others are only available in Danish. See Legislation in the menu.
The Danish Gambling Authority does not provide gambling activities and does not process complaints from players, see under Complaints.
The Danish Tax Agency (Skattestyrelsen) conducts the registration of licence holders as well as inspection and collection of the gambling duties.
Contact information etc.:
• Send ordinary letters to: Danish Gambling Authority, Englandsgade 25. 6. sal, 5000 Odense C, Denmark.
• Mail: Send an mail to the Danish Gambling Authority via Contact which you find in the menu or under Links. Choose a catagory for what it concerns and write your message. Your mail is encrypted.
• Send Digital Post to the Danish Gambling Authority, see under Contact, Send Digital Post.
• By telephone to +45 72 38 79 13:
Monday to Thursday: 9.00-16.00.
• In person: If you want a meeting with the Danish Gambling Authority, it must be arranged in advance - there is no open reception at our address.
• CVR-No. 34 73 04 15
• EAN-No. 5798000033962